Thursday 29 May 2014

I'm a 'sole' man.

I believe it was the great C.S.Lewis who once said: "You don't HAVE a soul. You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body." Wise words indeed I'm sure you'll agree, and it was the German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Yes that's a real name!) who said: "The soul is indestructible, and it's activity will continue throughout eternity." A reassuring thought, although this alas, at least in my experience, is not true. Well, not in the way that I'm spelling it anyway. Yes, . . . I am talking about shoe repairs. Sorry! 

Sadly it seems, after what seems no time at all, the soles and indeed the heels of my fabulous, 'full DCI Gene Hunt' shoes had fallen by the wayside. So, the Marvellous Lady T took them with great haste to the cobblers, positioned just outside of Tescos, not to be mistaken of course for the load of cobblers that's inside it's doors. So for the princely sum of £25, (Which admittedly is what the shoes cost me in the first place. Bargain! I know right!) I can now boast to have brand new soles, and fully restored elevated heels.

Now I know this may seem like a small piece of joy in the grand scheme of things, but in my experience, even the tiny and seemingly unimportant parcels of joy, are warmly received when at a low ebb. I have a new spring in my stride, and that tiny glow of pride, that comes to us all when when we step out for the first time in a new pair of shoes. With the added benefit of still wearing the shoes that are already worn in and comfy.

So here's wishing you all to have some tiny parcel of joy come your way, a little victory that might usually get overlooked. Because if we all pay attention to the little sparks of joy that land in our laps, it makes the darkness of the world around us seem a little less overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment