Monday 16 December 2013

The 'Tingles'

Ah good morning to you, my tiny Mornington mice of Mirthshire. (another good title for a children's book if ever there was one) It seems that once again 'The Tuesday' has awoken and popped it's head slowly out of it's burrow to greet the day. It's nervous whiskers quivering in the chilly dawn breeze, just before . . . 'PLOP!' a fat raindrop splashed heavily on it's tiny head. Yes, that does make it sound a bit nicer doesn't it? Well, it is the last NORMAL 'The Tuesday' before Christmas you know. As next 'The Tuesday' isn't a 'The Tuesday' at all, it'll be Christmas Eve! Yes folks we are literally THAT close!

The countdown proper has definitely started in earnest now, (See! I told you Earnest loves getting things started! He is a little tinker.) and therefore I think that there really can't be many of us left who aren't experiencing the tingles of Christmas now. Oh yes, the Christmas tingles are upon us. That little nervous excitement in the pit of our stomach's, that feels it bit like butterflies, that tells us Christmas is nearly here.

I think it was this that kept me from falling asleep last night! Yes, I had a bit of a headache as well, as I wrestled with duvet trying to slip into a restful slumber. It's true, headaches are never easy to fall asleep with, but it was the Christmas Tingles that were mostly responsible for my inability to fall into the arms of Morpheus last night.

I guess it was also based on the fact that I was banging on yesterday about the trouble I've been having going back to sleep when I don't have to get up. So my brain, which likes to stir things up, decided to take the juxtaposition (another fine word there) and let me experience the joys of not sleeping at the front end of sleep as well.

Still I'm not too worried, as I know this will now be a regular occurrence in the daily strive for sleep right up until Christmas. It's the same every year, about a week before the Christmas Tingles will start and every night I will find it harder and harder to drift off, because of all the built up excitement. Yes, you may call me sad if you wish, but there it is. As I say, I'm not too worried about this annual bout of insomnia, as I do have lot's of time off coming up to practice my laying in and hopefully catching up on a few extra winks.

Well I must dash, so joy to The Tuesday, the day has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment