Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Wednesday of Bewilderment

Raindrops on kettles and whiskers on mittens
Bright copper roses and warm woolen kittens
Wild geese that fly but are tied up with strings
This is how muddled my brain is with things!

Tis true! Work it seems as approached the crazy time before Christmas when suddenly all the clients awake from their winter slumber and realise that maybe they have a job that needs doing before Christmas! Because of course, the world would cease to exist as we know it, if instead of getting their job the day before Christmas it was re-scheduled to the beginning of the new year. Still, mutter as I might, these thing do still need to be done. As we all know, 'The Customer/Client Is Always Right' (he said through gritted teeth).

Gritted teeth? Now there's a question. Why would you grit your teeth!? Don't get me wrong, I know it's a bit chilly out. But even if there was 12ft of snow and it was 15 below, I'm not sure I would ever consider actually gritting my teeth.

Actually one of the many definitions of 'grit or gritting' means to 'clench', which as we all know you only really use when you're talking about buttocks. Although maybe it's better we do use the word 'clench', rather than going around gritting our buttocks!

Yes. I think on that note, I shall bid you all a fine day! My work here is done.
(Come on Wednesday, do your worst!)

No comments:

Post a Comment