Sunday 2 March 2014

A fond farewell to the weekend

Morning all, how are we then? Yes I know, it does feel a little sleepy and Mondayish out there today. Still we might as well pretend to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, if only for the look of it. Although I am feeling absolutely exhausted at the moment having just hopefully finished a good fifteen minute sneezing marathon!

Still the weekend was very nice wasn't it? I planted my first tree on Saturday in grounds behind Tidy Towers. During which time I very nearly performed a 'Margo' from 'The Good Life" several times!  It was a pear tree in fact, so it shall be interesting to see if I get to reap the fruits of my labor at some point in the distant future. Then once evening came, myself and the other inmates of Tidy Towers went out for a little nosh up, with Lord and Lady Tidy senior. Which was very nice, but did leave me feeling rather full and unable to move afterwards. Still I suppose if you go out for a meal and you leave not feeling so full you can't move, you're probably doing wrong.

Sunday of course was a lovely relaxed affair. Sunday's are after all made for pottering, and a day to footle about. So once I achieved a fair amount of footling and a not insubstantial amount of pottering, myself and Lady T settled ourselves in the drawing room to watch the modern musical entitled "Sunshine of Leith" I have to say, I'm not much of a fan of the musical genre, and believe it or believe it not, I still haven't watched "The Sound of Music" or "Grease". I know shocking ay! But I have to say "Sunshine of Leith" was quite utterly marvelous. Of course I think it was helped by the fact that I am already a bit of a huge fan of the works of The Proclaimers anyway. Suffice to say, I wholeheartedly recommend you watch it, if you haven't already.

Still the weekend has passed, and we much take that first begrudging trudge on the muddy path of a brand new week. Do watch out for that first step though, it's a doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment