Friday 29 November 2013

Friday Fanfare

It's not is it? . . . It bloomin well is you know. It's The Blessed Friday! Huzzah huzzah and thrice huzzah! I know I've said it before, to be fair I've probably said a lot of things before, but this week has literally galloped by like horse chasing a cheetah. (What? That could happen!) I've said this before as well, but brace yourself, cos I'm gonna say it again! It really must be true, that all weeks leading up to Christmas, aside from the last two which take an age, really do seem to run down the mountain stream of time a lot faster than normal. I know I can't be the only one who has noticed how quickly this week has gone. Still I suppose the wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing is relative to the perceiver.

Well since Friday is here we may as well make it the very best one we can hadn't we. So fling back the duvet, scamper to the bedroom window, throw open the curtains, open the big window, lean out as far as you can, raise both your arms and shout "WAHEY" as loud as you can. Then maybe have a little Friday dance on your way to the bathroom. It doesn't matter if you say you can't dance, everyone can dance, it's just that everyone's idea of dancing might just be different to yours. So enjoy yourself and have a little boogie anyway. Maybe later you could ring a dance teacher, just so you can legitimately say "Excuse me, do you have any slots I can fill?" (Stop it! You're just making your own jokes now, you mucky individual)

Still, whatever you are doing today remember this. Today the day is yours, it's up to you how you have it. So why not try and keep that smile on your face for as long as you can. And if you see someone who seems like they are not having a great day, seek them out and try as best you can just to raise them a smile. (Although I wouldn't always advise tickling, tickling can get you into trouble) If all else fails just go straight in with a hug. Nobody can be uncheered by a hug. Even those people who say they don't like hugs secretly really do.

So go forth and spread some Fridayness my gift wrapped bundles of sunshine. Happiness and smiles are highly contagious and needs only to be passed on to create a wonderful epidemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment