Thursday 28 November 2013

Thank you

As Brits we tend to turn our noses up at things that we say have become too 'Americanised'. It's like it's a dirty word for all celebrations that we feel have become too commercial or brash or over-the-top. But there is one celebration which is more than a little Amercian, although it's roots are French Canadian actually, that I would love if we as a Nation decided to embrace and that is Thanks Giving.

If you didn't already know, every fourth Thursday in November in America is Thanks Giving Day. A day which which stems from things involving Pilgrims and Puritans and bountiful harvests from the previous year. Although today is kind of celebrated like an extra Christmas, with turkey and presents and families getting together. Firstly of course, who wouldn't want an extra Christmas every year, a sort of pre-Christmas Christmas if you will. Plus it's also a time when you get to sit down and actually thank those people that mean a lot to you, for everything they do. Call me a sentimental old fool if you wish, but the idea of it all just seems to appeal to me.

So without further ado, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you all, for being the wondrous packages of awesomeness you all are.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for being you,
Just the person that you are,
Thanks, merci, and danke,
bless you, cheers and ta.

Although you may not know it,
I wanted you to know,
I appreciate all you do for me,
in all my highs and lows,

Thank you for just being there,
Thanks for straying true,
Thanks for the kind things you say,
and all the kind things you do,

Thank you muchly from my heart,
Of which you own every gram,
And thank you for accepting me,
Just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment