Wednesday 12 February 2014

The last word on the weather.

Long deep cleansing breath in . . . and hold it . . . keep it there . . . and cough and splutter and exhale. Welcome ye one an all, to The Friday Fringe or Friday Eve depending on your preference. Well we've all made it this far, so no point in turning around and trying to go back now, even if we could. Which we can't. Although why you would want to if we could is beyond me. Unless of course you have previously experienced an absolutely blissful day for some reason this week, in which case, fair enough. Although I doubt that will be very many of us this particular week.

Yes, the words of the song say "Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'", but that doesn't mean it doesn't make us feel slightly better to do so. Personally I think we're all just about sick of this weather, even if we haven't been dramatically directly affected, like those countless thousands of poor people from other parts of the country.

Let's face it, it's depressing! The whole country is under metaphorical storm cloud of gloom, as well as an almighty actual one as well, and frankly I'm fed up with it! Every day we're just sitting and waiting for the next storm front to roll in, and then have no choice but to watch all the misery it causes on pretty much any terrestrial tv channel we happen to be watching. I'm doing my best to ebb the torrential flow of despondency, but it isn't easy. So I'm now going to be setting up a dam.

In as much as I'm dammed if after today's little cloudburst of complaint, I'm going to be talking about this particular cruddy bout of meteorological misfortune. I'm dammed if I'm going to give in and let it get the better of me and get me down anymore. And I'm dam sure I will carry on doing my best to try and stick smiles back on as many people's faces as I possibly can.

So let's make a stand people, let's hold our heads up high and let's sprinkle a little joy wherever we can. Let's keep our firm British stiff upper lip in place, and as the poster says, let's all just keep calm and carry on. For even if the tidal waves of depression threaten to engulf us, we can always rise above it and walk on the sunny side of the street.

Do look after yourselves, and each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment