Monday 17 February 2014

There's Something About Monday

Morning beautiful people! Especially YOU! Yes, great big Carly cuddles for YOU this morning, you definitely look like you could do with one! . . . to tight? . . . Sorry, I am a bit of a squeezer when I get going!.

Well, I don't know what it is about Monday night's, but as soon as dinner is done and the dishwasher has had it's tablet and is busily scouring away at the tableware, (Here at Tidy Towers, ours is a very short, round Mexican lady called Rosamelia, who has been with the household staff for many many years) my just brain switches off, and I sort of go into power down mode. A sort of human version of Standby. I'm sure we all come home a bit work weary most days, but for me, just recently Monday night's have been especially so. As soon as my pert cheeks reach the armchair, I'm battling to stay awake. Maybe it's just a sign of getting old, who knows!? Although I'm not like it the rest of the week. Maybe there is just something about Monday evenings that is intensely soporific! Unless of course, I'm actually the only one who seems to fall under the hypnotic sleepy spell of Monday evenings? Maybe Monday evenings are like my Kryptonite?

Still, the tangled web of Tuesday is upon us already. See! I did say Monday wasn't going to last very long didn't I?! Even if the evening did try and induce me to sleep! So that's one day down and only four more to go, and for those that a battling at the rocky north face of Half Term, well done! You've made it through another day relatively unscathed.

Still one must trundle onwards I suppose, and face the repellant ramifications that 'The Tuesday' has in store. Here's hoping that in this quieter week, the normal unanticipated calamities will have less of a sting in their tails . . . hmm . . . interesting phrase that, surely when we use it we must be referring to whatever it is being like a scorpion or maybe a stingray? I certainly can't think of any other animal that has an actual tail with a sting in it? If you can, send your answers on a postcard to the usual address.

Ahh well, see you all tomorrow, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment